Tuesday 8 October 2013

TFA Tuesday - Brocade Cardi

Brocade1
Top Tier Knitter - Juls

Ravelry Project Page here

Pattern: Grellow Cardigan by Amy Gunderson
Yarn: TFA Blue Label Fingering Weight yarn in Brick and Velvet

Hello beautiful! This sweater is an absolute stunner. My jaw is officially dropped. I've never tackled a fingering weight, all-over stranded colourwork sweater before, but this one makes me want to. The shawl collar and the curved hem-line make this cardigan feel like a total classic to me, while I think the graphic flower motif lends a really modern feel. I just love it. Julia chose two beautiful autumnal colourways for this project, Brick and Velvet. The colours work together so nicely. I used a similar colour combo (Sunset and Velvet) in a sweater a few years ago and I'm still crazy about how the tones play off of each other. Beautiful, inspiring work Julia!


Brocade2