Wednesday 8 May 2013

Reverb

I have something very exciting to share with you all today. Last fall I was secretly working on a design and it has officially been released: Reverb for Brooklyn Tweed's Wool People 5! Here it is on Ravelry. Most of my design work has been self published, using my own yarns, a process which I find very rewarding. It was really neat, however, to do something different and get to work with the Brooklyn Tweed team and the beautiful Shelter yarn for this design. It forced me to branch out of my comfort zone and stretch my design muscles. I feel so lucky to have been included in this awesome publication! 
Reverb_3_medium2
photo by Jared Flood for Brooklyn Tweed
Of course, another real bonus was getting to see one of my own garments expertly photographed by Jared himself. His images are always so stunning, check out the beautiful gold Hayloft colourway against the models red hair. perfection! Before sending my sweater off we snapped a few photos ourselves. I was a few months pregnant in these shots, so the sweater didn't quite fit the way it was intended to. 
IMG_2241
I really love the rich texture that the Shelter yarn lends to the knit fabric. Those beautiful tweedy, heathered colourways look so great worked up in cables, they really pop! I decided to keep it crisp and clean for this sweater, a straight, linear design. I'm really happy with the finished product and will be wearing this sweater a lot in the fall. 
IMG_2256
Now the big question, what colour of TFA yarn do I knit a second version in?