Monday 29 April 2013

Nearing the finish line - Beatnik

IMG_5096
I'm kinda feeling like a bit of a champ today, like things are all going to work out. It's taken me the better part of the morning, but I've managed to knit a few rounds on the collar of my Beatnik sweater, take a WIP photo, upload it to the computer and compose this blog post... all with a moderately fussy baby in my arms. It's definitely not the most efficient way to work, but as long as it gets the job done!

I should be able to have this sweater finished in the next day or two. The weather is really warming up around here, so it's totally not sweater weather at the moment, but that's fine by me because I'm not entirely convinced that this sweater is going to fit me right away anyways. Now I need a new project to cast on for or else my needles will be empty! I'd like to make something for Rowan, maybe his very own Gramps is in order. I've knit them for all my friends who have had boys, I think my own boy deserves one too.