Sunday 3 February 2013

Little old man babies

IMG_3294

A dear friend is expecting her first baby, a boy, later on this month. As soon as I found out that she was expecting a boy I knew that I would be knitting her a Gramps cardigan. It's my go-to. It's perfect. It's a very quick knit done up on 4.5mm needles and aran weight yarn and is always adorable no matter what colour combo you chose. I've knit this pattern 4 times and will surely be knitting it again. I can pretty much guarantee that if my baby is a boy this is the first thing that I will cast on for my own little dude. 

IMG_3288

Anyways, so yes, I've knit this pattern 4 times, but this was the first time that I added the pockets. Aren't they awesome? They are definitely a very cute touch. I did not add the elbow patches however. I knit them but couldn't get them to look right on this wee little sweater. Maybe if I knit a larger size the next time I could make the patches work. I do love elbow patches after all. 

IMG_3297

Paired with some hip little jeans with suspenders this little boy is going to be the cutest little old man baby.

Ravelry project page here. Knit in TFA Aran Weight yarn in Spruce and Sprout (coming soon!)