Friday 4 January 2013

Sophisticated Striped Gramps

First things first... today is Chris' birthday!!! Yay! Happy birthday to the love of my life, TFA wouldn't work without you babe. 

IMG_2726

Another baby sweater. I kinda got the baby sweater flu big time back in December and it took 3 fresh baby knits for me to shake it. I'm not fully convinced that I'll ever really get baby knits out of my system, but for now I've gotten to a place where I can at least sleep at night without waking up feeling the need to cast on for something wee and adorable. 

stripe sophisticate

This sweater is a hybrid of the Gramps pattern (for the construction and proportions) but inspired by the Baby Sophisticate pattern (for the garter stitch edgings). Add to that a dash of rainbow stripes and this little cardigan is perfect. Following the instructions for the Gramps I knit a size 6-12 months, but I think that this sweater turned out kinda huge. I know a few 2-3 year olds who it would fit quite well. The sizing doesn't bother me at all though, I mean really, how big is a 6-12 month old anyway? It'll fit the baby eventually, that's all that matters to me. 

I knit this sweater using Green Label Sand as the main colour and leftovers from my Mitered Square Blanket for the stripes. I love it. The stripes turned out exactly how I wanted them to. 

IMG_2740


Ravelry project page here