Wednesday 23 May 2012

Frogged

Do you remember this beautiful scarf from January 2011? Oh, what high hopes I had for this scarf. I expected it to be "the one" the scarf that I wore all the time, my go to, perfect and elegant scarf. Well, not so much. Upon completing this scarf I expressed a bit of concern about the fact that it rolled in on itself. I hoped that it would be manageable, but it wasn't. So I never wore it... maybe only once or twice when it was brand new. 

The yarn was too pretty to give up on, so I finally frogged this bad boy and have a new plan for the yarn. Another attempt at the perfect scarf, I'll keep you posted! 

koigu
IMG_4608
reclaimed koigu

Isn't that center photo awesome? That's what the yarn looked like immediately after frogging! A good soak and it relaxed back to it's initial state. I love all those crinkly strands, reminds me of when I used to get my mom to braid my hair when it was wet and after a night of sleeping on it I'd wake up with the best crimped do!