Wednesday 5 January 2011

Winter


Ok, so I know that posting a photo of a Christmas tree close to two weeks after Christmas is probably a bad idea, people are so sick of Christmas by now and are happy that they don't have to think about it for another year. All the shopping, the decorating, the baking, the eating! Christmas has come and gone, new years resolutions have been made, and I'm sure you're all sick of seeing Christmas trees. But.... I never posted a photo of my tree and now that it's no longer taking up some very precious real-estate in my living room I kind of miss it. So, there you have it. It was lovely, it was full of beautiful multicoloured stars that really brought it to life and made it look beautiful even during the day with no lights on. It was our first Christmas tree in our house and it was very special to me.

But it's gone and I've moved on.



January isn't all bad after all! It's still cold out, so snuggling up on the sofa under a warm blanket with a cuddly dog, a cup of hot tea and a good WIP is very encouraged. And now working late in the office isn't so bad either. This afternoon Chris, Stella and I took advantage of the crisp, sunny weather to ditch work and instead go for a walk in the forest. We had a great walk and tonight we're spending the evening in the office, with the fire blazing, making up for an afternoon of playing hooky.