Wednesday 8 December 2010

This past weekend I was lucky enough to have a lovely brunch with Glenna (aka: Crazy knitting lady from the wonderful Knitting to Stay Sane blog). Glenna and I are cooking up lots of new ideas for future TFA collaborations. She's got ideas for designs, I've got ideas for colourways, we've both got big dreams and hopefully, with the two of us scheming together we'll come up with something really great. 


I've knit several quick little hats this week. It was all prompted by Chris stating that he wanted to make himself a simple fisherman's cap, I thought about it for a second and decided that the best way to go about it was to knit my Grammy's hat pattern. Grammy used to knit hat after hat and give multiple hats to everyone in the family for Christmas. They always fit perfectly, were warm and comfortable, they are truly the perfect hats.

Tuque for Elliot

As a beginner knitter Grammy's hat pattern was the only pattern I knew and the only hat I knit. As I discovered more beautiful patterns I strayed and knit fancy cabled hats, colourwork hats, earflap hats, all sorts of pretty hats. But now I've come full circle and have rediscovered Grammy's simple hat pattern and am actually a little bit in awe at her cleverness. I'll share the pattern and a few more examples of it later on this week. I think I'll start another one tonight.