Friday 17 December 2010

Oh Christmas Stars

You didn't think I was actually done talking about these stars did you? I just can't get enough of them. Aren't they just the most beautiful, sparkly, colourful little soldiers you've ever seen?


After I was done admiring row after row of shining stars I started picking out ones that looked like they belonged together, in groups of 4, to give as gifts. A colourful grouping below:


This next grouping reminds me of an 80's glam look. It's the black, it's tough to pair black and hot pink without it looking like the 80's. I like it, this set will go to my glamorous sister in law.


And here's a sampling of a few that I've already hung on our very own Christmas tree. 


Our Christmas tree is a collection of old and new ornaments. This year my mom gave me a very sweet gift of all the decorations that I'd been given as a child. In the bottom right hand photo in the collage above there's a little brass baby, it's engraved with my name, the year 1984 and it says baby's first Christmas. I love that we've got at least a few ornaments with some history to them on our tree!

And in case you're worried that this is no longer a knitting blog and has somehow morphed into a star-blog, have no fear! I am starting a very, very cool new project over the holidays. This week I received the inaugural pattern for the Tanis Fiber Arts Year in Colour Club! And it's awesome! The colourway that we came up with for the first ever shipment is very me, and the pattern is beautiful, I just have to cast on and knit it myself immediately. 

It's never too late to join the Club! Need a great gift for the knitter in your life? A Club membership will definitely do the trick!