Sunday 25 July 2010

Vacation Knitting

The first two days we were here at the cottage the weather was beautiful. Sunny and breezy and perfect for sitting, sun bathing, swimming and walking on the beach. Today, it's rainy, just a lazy grey day. Hopefully we won't get too many days like this, but once in a while I almost welcome them, its the perfect day to sit inside and knit, without feeling guilty about not being on the beach! Chris still managed to fit in a swim, but I opted to stay warm and dry with my knitting instead. I've cast on for a Shedir hat. I knit one a couple years ago and both Chris and I love it and wear it all winter long. Last Fall when I bought the lovely, creamy, soft and shiny Baby Bamboo to knit my god-daughter her flower girl cardigan I couldn't resist picking up a few balls of this gorgeous red colour. I had no use for it at the time, but I just loved the colour so much that I knew I'd find something to do with it. Red is my mom's favorite colour, so if all else fails I know she'll love it.

Shedir

Chris is also working steadily away at his first ever knitting project. He graduated from swatching to a hat! He should be finished tonight and I will definitely be posting very proudly about his first FO as soon as I get the chance.

Mom is knitting too, but I didn't get a photo of her before she took off for a walk with the dogs. This is my kind of vacation!