Tuesday 20 July 2010

TFA Tuesday - Janiegrl's Myrtle Cardigan

We all know how much I love socks, and using sock yarn for socks is just perfect, but for some reason I just can't help but get overly excited when I see people knitting things other than socks with sock yarn! Shawls, scarves, fingerless gloves, we see these types of things knit in sock yarn all the time, but a cardigan! That always makes my day! And today was no exception, I was searching for an inspirational bit of knitting and found this beauty:


The Myrtle Cardigan knit by Janiegrl (on Ravelry, project page). This impressive little number was knit in TFA Blue Label Fingering Weight yarn in the Mallard colourway.


Isn't it a stunner? I really like the leafy lace pattern done in this colourway, I think its a perfect match. I'm also a big fan of the choice of buttons. Buttons can really take an FO from great to grand, and its always worth investing a little extra energy into the search for the perfect set.

Beautiful!