Friday 16 July 2010

Deep Seaflower Haruni Shawl

Surprise FO! Last weekend I had big plans to do some spinning. But, I didn't touch my spinning wheel. One reason for not spinning: the heat! Sticky, sweaty fingers don't work well for spinning. A second reason for not spinning: I like to have a large block of time in which I can sit and spin, uninterrupted, we entertained on both Saturday and Sunday and there was just too much to do to, I couldn't just sit around and spin all day. Third and final reason: I was completely swept up by the urge to cast on for the Haruni Shawl! So on Sunday afternoon, right before my dad was coming over for his birthday dinner, I cast on for this shawl with a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy that had been sitting around in my stash for far too long.

This colourway is called Deep Seafower. Its a beautiful blue/purple/turquoise shade. The outdoor shot below shows it's truest colours.

Deep Seaflower Haruni


I loved this pattern as soon as I saw it. Its the crocheted cast off that really does it for me. It was a new to me skill that I am very happy to have learnt. I love the delicate, petal-like effect that the lace paired with the cast-off hoops make. The pattern goes from a denser lace to a super light and airy look, like it's just fading into nothingness, kind of ethereal. Very, very pretty.

Deep Seaflower Haruni


There are just so many awesome shawl patterns out there! I feel like I say this about a lot of the patterns that I knit, but I really do think that I will knit this pattern again.

Deep Seaflower Haruni