Tuesday 25 May 2010

TFA Tuesday - Scrappynotreally Scarf

It's Tuesday! And thanks goodness for TFA Tuesday's because I have been so busy with the move (and coming to the realization that the wedding is less then 3 weeks away!) that I haven't done much stitching I'm afraid. Luckily, there is no shortage of inspiration out there! Today's TFA Tuesday post features a pattern that I've been wanting to cast on for some time now, it's the Scrappy Lengthwise Scarf by Zona, knit in TFA Blue Label in Sand and Chestnut (with a third green yarn by Malabrigo) by emiliemtblanc. Ravelry project page here.


As the name suggests, the scarf was designed to use up scraps of yarn, but emiliemtblanc took another approach and deliberately picked the colours she wanted to use. You know me, and I usually go for blues and brights, but I'm really drawn by the natural palette that she used. Very wearable. The dot effect is really neat too.


I also love the Sand border. Doesn't it look awesome all wrapped up like this?


Now to decide, do I make my version out of scraps, or do I pick a scheme? Life is full of tough decisions!