Tuesday 16 March 2010

thanks Sara!

My best friend Sara is an extremely talented painter. She also does needle felting in her spare time. This year for her birthday I sent her a little box of scrap roving, some of my hand dyed BFL, some leftovers from other projects. This morning I found this adorable brooch waiting for me in my mail box! Isn't it cute? Sara used the roving that I sent her to make me a thank you gift. I love it. Thanks Sara!


I cast on for a simple sock with my Crabby McCrabbypants handspun yesterday. It is just flying off the needles. I love knitting plain, easy, fast socks like this. Its so fast to knit, but with cool yarn that keeps changing colours its never boring.


I'm also working on a shawl for my sister in my Mulberry Silk yarn. She picked the colour and the pattern and I'm doing the knitting. It doesn't look like much in the photo below, but trust me, its going to be beautiful!