Saturday 12 December 2009

Multi's!



When I first started experimenting with dyeing my own yarn for socks I had a blast making the wildest, craziest, brightest kool-aid dyed yarns I could! It didn't take long, however, for me to discover that my heart was really in tonal dyeing. For two years now I've been selling my range of tonal yarns, and though I still love it, it was time to add some spunk to the collection! I had a hard time accepting the fact that multicoloured yarns will inevitable pool, stripe and misbehave in ways that are beyond my control, but I've given it a lot of thought, and well, I love knitting socks in multi's and they certainly have their place in the world of hand dyes, so I might as well just accept it and run with it!


I spent months working on these 8 new colours! It has proven quite an adjustment to teach my mind to think about colours in non-tonal representations. But I'm quite pleased with the results! And to tell you the truth, I think that they will pair very nicely with my original tonals, maybe in a fun striped shawl?

I've knit my first pair of TFA multicoloured socks in the Harvest colourway. They are a gift for my soon to be brother in law for Christmas. I've already cast on for my next pair in Prism!

As a knitter/crafter I am often literally overcome with the need to cast on for a particular project. I get an idea in my head and I just can't get it out! I'm totally experiencing such an urge right now and I just don't think I can fight it! I have Christmas knitting that I should be doing, I have WIP's that I should be finishing, but I know that as soon as I'm done writing this post I'm going to start on a new sweater for me!

Inspired by my Dipped Infinity scarf I'm going to make a pullover with a graduating colour yoke. I looked through my stash of leftover blue label yarn and came up with this assortment:


The concept came from the scarf, but the colours are clearly a direct rip off of my Fiddlehead mittens. I love those mitts, so hopefully this sweater will be loved (and worn) just as much.