Monday 2 February 2009

Mitered Square blanket

I'm not sure where it came from, but I was struck by an intense urge to work on my Mitered Square Blanket yesterday. I've sort of been viewing it in terms of groups of three. This is my third time posting about it, I seem to post every time I've completed three more blocks, that means that hopefully the next time I post about this blanket it will be done! So, here's where we're at so far.

I've completed to red-orange-yellow-green and blue sections, next I've just got the purple-pink section and then the rainbow will be complete! I love it more every time I complete a new square. I'm really seeing it come together and the colour progression is working just as I had hoped. I'll talk more about my process and colour choices in my final post about this project. For now, here are close ups of the latest three blocks, only one is sewn together, I was running out of light and had to take the shots before I could finish the sewing. 



I think I'm going to take a little break from this again, I want to finish my Assemblage sweater before winter is over! But I'm so tempted to just get this project over with because I can't wait to have access to all the leftovers that are going to result from the completion of this project! I've got visions of colourful mittens and hats and probably even a yoked sweater... it's going to be so much fun!