Monday 8 December 2008

Mission accomplished

I was planning on ending today's post by telling you that I had started a new sweater. But for some reason when I upload pictures to blogger these days they appear in the reverse order of how I'd intended, so instead I'll start this post with my new sweater in progress. Remember last time how I said that I was itching for a sweater project? Well, I couldn't put it off until after Christmas as is proven by the fact that I cast on for the Drops Jacket on Friday. By now I've completed the back and am going to cast on for the front this afternoon. I'm knitting it in Elann Peruvian Sierra Aran in the Atlantis colurway. It's a really gorgeous deep blue green and I'm really loving it. When I opened the box from Elann and saw this deep rich blue I was a little surprised because it's not at all the colour that my monitor led me to believe I was ordering, but I like the colour I got much more then the colour I bought... if that makes any sense! (Basically, my monitor just displayed the colour as being much lighter and greener, but I prefer what the yarn looks like in person.) So, here it is, kind of boring at the stage it was at on Saturday when I took this picture:


Today's post is really supposed to be about how I finally finished a project that was in progress for almost two years! I cast on the left mitten in the spring of 07, and finished it in a matter of days, but didn't get around the doing the same for the right mitten until last week when I finally buckled down and got 'er done. And I'm so happy that I did! 



My motivation for finishing my Northern Lights Mittens (flickr link) was that I decided to give them to someone I know for Christmas, that proved to be just the kick in the pants I needed. Now that they're done (and I really have no idea what took me so long to finish this project, I loved the left mitten, you would think that I'd want to knit the right one...) anyways, now that they're done, I'm almost sad to part with them. I'm toying with the idea of making another pair for myself, but this time hopefully I can squeak them in in under two years!