Tuesday 29 January 2008

Today, it's socks!

So, I only started knitting socks about a year ago, but once I got started, I just couldn't stop. I just might be addicted. I love it so much that I started experimenting with dyeing my own sock yarn. I have a degree in Fine Arts and I've been spending the past year and a half trying to figure out what to do with it, so dyeing yarn seemed like it might be right up my alley. And wouldn't you know, I loved that too! So, now I dye my own yarn and sell it on etsy. It's all very new and exciting and I've been getting positive feedback, so who know where this will take me. For now though, I'm just happy to dye my own yarn and then knit myself some beautiful socks with it! Voila, Craftoholic's Springgrass socks:



I really love this pattern. It was so easy to knit, and really neat and tidy. All my little stitches lined up so perfectly. I dyed the yarn, which I call Spearmint, in shades of blue-ish greens. I think that it makes a lovely leafy-lace sock. All in all, I'm quite pleased with myself.